We’re Hiring! Job Opportunity at PCI London
The Polish Cultural Institute offers an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team as a PR & Marketing Specialist, a key role for efficient communication and promotional activities of the Institute.
We are looking for a superbly organised and well-motivated individual, marketing, communications and public relations specialist, to work on a full time basis (40h/w). Salary £27,500/year.
Ideally you would have an interest in Polish culture and heritage and Polish-British relations, a relevant degree, as well as previous experience in a similar role.
Based in London, the Polish Cultural Institute is a public and cultural diplomacy mission, dedicated to showcasing contemporary Polish culture for Britain’s multicultural audience all over the UK, but particularly in London, a leading global cultural capital. Our programme covers visual arts, film, theatre, music, literature, heritage and history.
Expectation: to lead on all marketing and public relations activities of the Institute.
• Identifying and acting on opportunities to promote Polish culture in the UK,
• Planning marketing and promotional activities with regard to the Institute’s programming to ensure maximum attendance and exposure to the Institute’s events and projects,
• Planning and running PR campaigns for the purpose of the PCI’s substantive activity and preparation of reports in this respect,
• Preparing and disseminating press releases ensuring maximum press coverage. Monitoring and reporting on the press coverage of Institute’s events and projects.
• Maintaining and updating a list of the Institute’s media contacts, including press, web and tv editors and journalists. Maintaining working relationships with media,
• Managing, creating content and updating the Institute’s website. Producing monthly newsletter send outs. (WordPress)
• Managing and creating content for social media channels: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Overlooking video production and managing the PCI’s YouTube channel,
• Working as part of a team, as well as being self-sufficient. Supporting communication and marketing activities of projects managed by other team members,
• Writing speeches and preparing presentations in Polish and English.
• Working with and supervising external agencies and contractors producing videos, podcasts, designing marketing materials, copywriting, photography, conducting PR campaigns etc.,
• Commissioning, creating and purchasing PCI’s promotional materials. Archiving files with past projects’ promotional material,
• Managing budget for press monitoring and subscriptions, Internet promotional activities and marketing material commissions (print, video, photo, ads).
• Attending relevant events, meetings and study visits, including occasional travel within the UK and to Poland,
Essential experience and skills:
• Previous experience in media and communications, PR or a similar role. Degree-level education in a relevant area related to marketing, communication or PR.
• Excellent communication, multitasking and organisational skills, with attention to detail.
• Interest in arts and culture and heritage,
• Good team work and interpersonal skills,
• Self-starter with an ability to perform to a high standard, at times without direct supervision,
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
• Problem-solving skills, resilience and adaptability,
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook). Working knowledge of WordPress CMS. Additional knowledge of design/video editing/web design software will be an asset (eg Adobe CS, Canva),
• Excellent knowledge of social media, including production of engaging content, management, reporting and scheduling,
• Experience working with media and press,
• Ability to perform ad hoc research and assist in planning and implementing projects,
• Positive, friendly and approachable when dealing with a wide range of staff and partners at all levels,
• High proficiency in both English and Polish languages is essential. Excellent copywriting skills in both languages.
Please send your CV/Resume and Cover Letter detailing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘PR & Marketing Specialist job application’ in the subject.
Application deadline is 1 August 2022. The employer reserves the right to end the recruitment process before this date if a suitable candidate is found early.
Please email us at email@example.com or call 0207 822 8990 if you require any additional information regarding this job offer.