Dabate on the occasion of Poland’s National Independe Day at NATO SHAPE in Mons
On November 8, 2023, a significant discussion on the security of NATO’s eastern flank took place, shedding light on the alliance’s unwavering commitment to collective defense and presenting how it is being perceived by NATO’s frontier country.
The debate was a collaborative effort between SHAPE J10 and the Polish National Military Representative to SHAPE, with support from the Polish Delegation to NATO and the Polish Institute of Brussels. Its primary focus was on the critical significance of maintaining a strong and united alliance amidst ongoing geopolitical tensions and emerging threats.
- Brig. Gen. Sławomir Mąkosa – Polish National Military Representative at SHAPE
- Helena Janczewska – Permanent Representation of the Republic of Poland to NATO, Political Department
- Stephen R. Covington – Strategic and International Affairs Advisor at SHAPE
- Agnieszka Legucka – Analyst on Russia at the Eastern Europe Program of the Polish Institute of International Affairs (PISM)
- Wojciech Konończuk – Director of the Center for Eastern Studies (OSW)
- Georgiy Tolkachov – Charge d’Affaires, Mission of Ukraine to NATO
- Christopher Case – Threat Analyst at SHAPE
Moderator: Peter Conradi – Sunday Times journalist