The aim of the Programme is to popularise the Polish language around the world and to support foreigners enrolled in Polish studies and completing Polish programmes carried out in foreign academic centres by affording them the opportunity of a one-or two-semester stay at their chosen public HEI (Higher Education Institution) in Poland.
The Programme is addressed to foreign students of Polish philology or enrolled in Polish studies or Polish programmes carried out as part of Slavic studies (encompassing the Polish language, culture and knowledge about Poland). The Applicants are the ones choosing the HEI where they wish to study. The field of studies chosen by the Applicant should be consistent with the studies curriculum they followed at their home HEI.
The Programme is also open to laureates and finalists of the Literature and Polish Language Olympiad (LPLO) held outside of Poland, who shall be eligible to receive a NAWA scholarship for the period of their first-or second-cycle Polish studies at their chosen HEI in Poland.
The language of studies shall be Polish.
The call for applications for the Programme shall be held until 30 April 2019.
Only the applicants who meet the following criteria shall be authorised to apply for the scholarship of the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange:
1) are students enrolled instudies of Polish philology, Polish studies or Polish programmes carried out as part of Slavic studies curriculum, first-and second-cycle studies, carried out at foreign academic centres, and have completed at least one year of studies,
2) are foreigners (do not hold Polish citizenship) and during the academic year 2018/2019 have not established permanent or temporary residence in Poland,
3) know Polish language at least at the B1 level,
4) have the consent of their home HEI to enrol in studies in Poland,
5) have the consent of their chosen Polish HEI to enrol in one-or two-semester studies
1) have been awarded the title of laureate or finalist in the LPLO during the current school year or in the two years preceding the year when they submitted their application under the Programme,
2) are foreigners (do not hold Polish citizenship)
1) have been awarded the title of laureate or finalist in the LPLO,
2) are students in their final year of first-cycle Polish studies,
3) are foreigners (do not hold Polish citizenship)
The call for applications for the Programme shall be held until 30 April 2019, 3 pm Central European Time (local time for Warsaw), solely in an electronic form via NAWA’s ICT system https://programs.nawa.gov.pl/login
Announcement of the call for applications’ results by 30 June 2019.