The place of Polish in the European linguistic landscape. Conference by Jan MIODEK to mark the inauguration of the Applied Polish Language section of KULeuven – campus Brussels
- 10.30: Prof. dr. Remco SLEIDERINK (subfaculty dean at KU Leuven Campus Brussels), Welcome
- 10.45: Ms. Natalia MOSOR (director of the Polish Institute, Brussels), Polish Institutes as tool for dialogue
- 11.00: Prof. dr. hab. Jan MIODEK (Uniwersytet Wrocławski) and Mr. Jan DIERICK (KU Leuven Campus Brussels), Typologiczna charakterystyka polszczyzny.
- 11.45: Prof. dr. Sylvia Liseling-Nilsson (KU Leuven Campus Brussels), Why study Polish in Applied Language Studies?
- 12.00: Reception with Polish snacks
>>> KU Leuven Campus Brussels, Room 6306 “Paternoster” (Warmoesberg 43, 1000 Brussels) – see map
>>> Tuesday 22 September 2015 – 10:15
>>> Free of charge (RSVP: Mark.Lambrechts@kuleuven.be)
Jan MIODEK (o1946) is an ordinary professor at the University of Wrocław, has been director of the Institute of Polish philology at the same university since 1989, is a member of Poland’s Academy of Sciences and has supervised more than 20 doctorates. He has written a weekly column on the Polish language for various newspapers since 1968. Moreover, since 1987 (with a break between 2007 and 2009), he has also had his own programme on Polish television: Słownik polsko@polski. Awarded the title Doctor Honoris Causa by two universities, he has been invited to teach classes in Germany, The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Sweden, Denmark, Austria, the USA, Canada and Lithuania.