Polish Institute Brussels is looking for a new project manager
The main mission of Polish Institute Brussels, the Cultural Service of the Polish Embassy in Belgium is to promote Polish culture in Belgium and in Luxembourg. The Institute aims to stimulate knowledge exchange and debate on current and historical developments in Polish intellectual and cultural life. It seeks to support and promote various forms of artistic, scientific, social and educational cooperation between cultural institutions in Poland, Belgium and Luxembourg. The Institute is also committed to improving knowledge of Polish history and its national heritage.
Polish Institute, which is part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland was established in 2009 in Brussels and is part of an international network of 25 institutes all over the world.
Project manager is responsible for the development of cultural diplomacy projects based on collaborations with partner institutions, in the following fields:
- history and heritage,
- public diplomacy
He/She develops, by conducting relevant research, coordinates, and implements projects, in line with the priorities and guidelines set in the Polish Institute’s annual program. He/She maintains and develops a network of partners and controls the budget and the administration of the projects that he/she carries out. He/She coordinates the events being part of his/her projects. He/She collaborates with the Communication Manager in order to develop the communication strategy and press releases related to his/her projects.
- You have a master’s degree in Film, History, Literature, Political Sciences, Cultural Studies, European Studies, or comparable
- You have 1-3 years’ experience in project management in the fields of: film, literature, history, public diplomacy, or comparable
- You have excellent writing skills
- You are able to work independently as well as collaborate on collective projects
- Your language skills enable you to work easily in a multilingual environment: therefore you are a fluent Polish and French speaker, good knowledge of English or Dutch is an additional asset,
- You have good knowledge of the cultural institutions in Belgium and/or Luxembourg, an interest in Polish cultural scene will be highly valued,
Recruitment terms and conditions
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract of 6 month with a possibility of extension (expected start of work: March 2021)
Working hours: 38 h/week, from Monday to Friday
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com until 24th of January 2021. The interviews are planned to be conducted in February 2021.