22 January 2023, 4.30pm Westminster Cathedral Hall
London-based Polish pianist Lucas Krupinski is the winner of the 7th San Marino International Piano Competition and all of its contest prizes – the Audience Award, the Music Critics’ Award and the Orchestra Award.
Lucas was a finalist at the Ferruccio Busoni International Piano Competition in Bolzano, and has won international piano competitions in Hannover (2015), Aachen (2016) and Goerlitz (2020).
As a semi-finalist, he ranked among the best twenty pianists at the 17th Fryderyk Chopin International Piano Competition in Warsaw (2015).
The programme includes:
- Chopin – Ballade No.3 in Ab, Op.47
- Chopin – Nocturne in C minor, Op.48
- Chopin – Ballade No.4 in F minor, Op. 52
- Chopin – Etude in C# minor, Op.25 No.7
- Chopin – Scherzo in Bb minor, Op.31
- Scriabin – Preludes I-XII Op. 11
- Ravel – La Valse
After the organisers offer finger buffet tea with freshly-made sandwiches, savouries, homemade cakes and chocolate biscuits, accompanied by your choice of wine, tea, coffee or juice.
Tickets can be purchased through the following link: