Villa La Fleur is an extraordinary, privately-owned item on the map of Polish museums.
It is located in the town of Konstancin-Jeziorna near Warsaw.
The museum offers a collection of works by Polish artists, some of them Jewish, who were part of the Ecole de Paris movement in the first part of the 20th century. Enjoy the works by East European painters and sculptors most of whom were graduates of the Polish Academy of Fine Arts.
Marek Roefler created the impressive art collection of the museum. For many years, the museum building was used for residential purposes. Then it was renovated, fitted out to suit the needs of a museum and, in 1910, the museum came into being. The museum’s rotating exhibitions are spread over three storeys and the museum is also used for learning activities for artists inspired by Parisian avant-garde of the years before World War II.
The museum exhibits paintings, sculptures, drawings and graphic art. The museum’s permanent exhibition offers works by Moise Kisling, Eugeniusz Zak, Henryk Hayden, Mela Muter, Maurycy Medrzycki, Szymon Mondzain, Tamara Lempicka and others.
You can also enjoy works of sculpture by such famous artists as Jan Lambert-Rucki, Boleslaw Biegas, Ksawery Dunikowski etc.